You have several giving avenues available to you. You may choose a one-time gift or monthly support. Both are very much appreciated. Monthly support gives an added bonus in that it helps us better plan for what we are able to do. Some avenues may be more familiar than others, but all are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by the law, as Sunset is a charitable 501(c)3 organization.
- Checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks – are very simple ways to give. They should be made payable to Sunset. Please note what you would like your gift to support.
- Credit Cards – accepted in-house or by donating online.
- Charitable Gift Annuities* – provide a way for you to give a gift and receive a dependable income for your lifetime.
o Minimum gift: $10,000; minimum age 65.
o Single and double life charitable gift annuities and deferred charitable gift annuities are available with interest rates over 9%.
- Real estate – receive a deduction for the appraised market value, and avoid paying tax on your capital gains.
- Marketable Securities, such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds – receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value and avoid paying tax on any capital gains.
- 401K, 403B, and IRA accounts – maximize the value of your gift by avoiding income and estate taxes.
- Vehicle Donations – if you no longer need a vehicle, donate it to us, and you’ll receive a tax credit for the amount your vehicle sells for.
- Planned Gifts* – deliver gifts of support through:
o Financial Institution Account Beneficiary Designations
o Estate Plan Bequests (will or trust) Legal wording: “I give ________ (%, specific amount, or residue) to Sunset Legacy Foundation, a Michigan nonprofit corporation of 725 Baldwin St, Jenison, MI 49428
Once you include Sunset in your estate plan, we would be grateful that you share that information with us so we can thank you. Sunset is a member of the Barnabas Foundation & West Michigan Christian Foundation. They both provide estate planning services at no charge to our constituents. To learn more about their range of services, please click on their links. If you would like to speak with one of their representatives, we would be more than happy to help with those arrangements.
Call the Sunset Advancement Department at 616.457.2770 ext.1117 for more information.
*Denotes membership in Sunset’s Legacy Society.